If you know me, then you know I love me some wine. While I may not be a “wine-o,” I am the girl that orders wine at breweries and takes it to the beach (even though it is inconvenient ha!).
However, over the past few months I have had issues drinking wine. The next morning, even if I only have one glass of wine–I wake up feeling horrible and not able to function as optimal as I like. I tried drinking organic wine, sulfate free wine, wine with low sugar, and really any trick in the book to make wine not cause me miserable mornings—well, nothing seemed to work.
In a mission to find something that I could enjoy without feeling the effects in the morning, I switched to tequila. Now friends, I haven’t touched liquor since college, so this was a bit of a stretch for me. In order to take out the bite of the liquor I created what I dub a “lazy girl grapefruit margarita.” It is super simple and the ingredients have a long shelf life in the fridge (a necessity for this girl)!
Recipe for Lazy Girl Grapefruit Margarita:
- 1 part tequila (I use a shot glass to measure)
- 1/2 part lime juice (I use lime juice out of the bottle, no squeezing required or keeping fresh limes in stock!)
- 1 part grapefruit juice (this stays good for a while in the fridge)
- fill the rest of the glass with sparkling grapefruit seltzer water (I use Kroger brand, tastes as good as name brand in my opinion)
- Mix and enjoy!
- Note: adjust the amount of juice to your liking, this recipe can be pretty tart so decrease the amount of juice and increase the seltzer to your liking!
Drew and my favorite thing to do in the summer is enjoying a cocktail on our back porch after we put the kids down. Luckily, these margaritas make me feel fine in the morning (as long as I limit myself to two). It is all about moderation! I am glad I found something that is refreshing and super simple to make for these warm summer nights!
Hope you enjoy 🙂